Europe MapleStory Sync Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[Notice] Meso and Item Losses due to Hacks

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
VincentC
Admin
VincentC

[Notice] Meso and Item Losses due to Hacks Empty
PostSubject: [Notice] Meso and Item Losses due to Hacks   [Notice] Meso and Item Losses due to Hacks Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 2:59 am

Dear Maplers

The cause of Meso and item loss has been identified as the result of hacks that stem from lack of PC security.

Please be advised that your personal computer will be vulnerable to various hacks without an anti-virus software.

Due to this fact, there are many identity thefts regarding MapleStory accounts.

In order to secure your game account and personal computer, we kindly recommend our dear Maplers to install and scan your computer for any hacks or viruses.

(MapleStory Europe will not be responsible for any Meso and item loss that occur due to the absence of a valid anti-virus software.)

Thank you for your cooperation.

- Maple Europe Team -
Back to top Go down
http://vinsentochan.tumblr.com
WinLon
Pink Bean
Pink Bean
WinLon

PostSubject: Re: [Notice] Meso and Item Losses due to Hacks   [Notice] Meso and Item Losses due to Hacks Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 4:05 am

Another excuse for maple not having to deal with hackers!! I'm sure hackers won't go that far to steal mesos or items...
Well at least maple is trying to warn people about viruses..
Back to top Go down
Tsun
Admin
Tsun

PostSubject: Re: [Notice] Meso and Item Losses due to Hacks   [Notice] Meso and Item Losses due to Hacks Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 6:02 am

I believe this is how Tien got rich.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/teekeiwong
WinLon
Pink Bean
Pink Bean
WinLon

PostSubject: Re: [Notice] Meso and Item Losses due to Hacks   [Notice] Meso and Item Losses due to Hacks Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 6:07 am

Wait tien is rich again?....
Back to top Go down
VincentC
Admin
VincentC

PostSubject: Re: [Notice] Meso and Item Losses due to Hacks   [Notice] Meso and Item Losses due to Hacks Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 10:35 am

I don't believe you can get hacked like that, the person who got hacked must have downloaded some hacking software (or at least thought it was that) but downloaded a key logger instead that compromised their account information ¬¬" But on another note, I had 9 miracle scrolls for glove attack that went missing... I checked all my accounts and can't find it... I can't post a screenshot like Nexon asked for so can't claim... They're so stupid, why would I screenshot my items anticipating they would go missing in the first place? ¬¬" They just lazy and probably put up that message and blamed hackers because they're too busy eating donuts! (Sorry Alan, no innuendo lol)
Back to top Go down
WinLon
Pink Bean
Pink Bean
WinLon

PostSubject: Re: [Notice] Meso and Item Losses due to Hacks   [Notice] Meso and Item Losses due to Hacks Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 10:53 am

Lol I know what you mean, when I read "post up screen shots" I was thinking how can you post up something that's gone missing... and I can't believe you're missing 9 mir scrolls :O, you sure no one you know took them from you?
Plus Awan can't access her mule account so fingers cross nothing was taken...
Back to top Go down
Bob
Balrog
Balrog
Bob

PostSubject: Re: [Notice] Meso and Item Losses due to Hacks   [Notice] Meso and Item Losses due to Hacks Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 11:46 am

I've read that there are several malicious websites out there. Those websites prompt you to allow java application and i believe that how the key logging begins.

I've also read that apparently some hacker has managed to get his hands on a copy of nexons database.

They both could be true however,
despite the fact that there is something fishy going on, i believe that nexon made that notice to cover thier backside and not be held responsible.

Players are screwed once again..
Back to top Go down
VincentC
Admin
VincentC

PostSubject: Re: [Notice] Meso and Item Losses due to Hacks   [Notice] Meso and Item Losses due to Hacks Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 11:28 pm

If it were due to a hacker I believe my equips would be gone before those miracles.. I think its just some bug that happened with those scrolls and they cant be bothered to replace lost items because then anybody could claim anything.. They blame it on hackers to enhance the anti--hacker mob maybe..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Notice] Meso and Item Losses due to Hacks   [Notice] Meso and Item Losses due to Hacks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Notice] Meso and Item Losses due to Hacks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Europe MapleStory Sync Guild :: News :: [Guild News]-
Jump to: