Europe MapleStory Sync Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favourite anime/cartoon

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
WinLon
Pink Bean
Pink Bean
WinLon

Favourite anime/cartoon Empty
PostSubject: Favourite anime/cartoon   Favourite anime/cartoon Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 9:47 pm

Since there is a post about favourite movies and games I guess its time for a post about favourite anime/cartoon.

I find these post listing favourite games and movies very helpful to know another better, and finding common interest.
I wasn't sure when to post this topic so I posted on general discussions but there should be a place to post about anime because we Asians love anime! and possibly a place to post about Asian drama! cause girls love Asian drama!

Anime had a real impact on my life, possibly changing the way I think.
Genre of anime I love are usually with a sense of psychological and mystery, the ones that make your brain think hard. Then there are the mecha and action anime, that every Asian boy loves

I'm sorry for the long list but this is actually a short list of the anime I still remember.

Anyway to start off the flow I will start with my childhood memory cartoons
Pokemon - who doesn't want a pikachu
Digimon - is it a copy of pokemon?
Dragonball - it's over 9000!!
Beyblade - I still have my beyblade somewhere in the house
Gundam - when I first fell in love with mecha
Yu-Gi-Oh - All monster card game is a copy of yu-gi-oh now
Card captors - No one can forget about kero
Sailormoon - for the laughs?
Bomberman - vaguely remember the chinese version
City hunter - had a tape with the chinese version, must of been a rare find
Transformers - Robots in disguise

Anime I watched at teen
Naruto - stopped at shippuden, too many fillers so annoying
Bleach - same thing, I hate fillers
Soul Eater - love it
Angel beats - such a sad and touching story I will never forget
Full Metal Alchemist - I seriously want to be an alchemist
Death note - just epic
Vandread - mecha
Ghost in the Shell - I forgot what it's about because its so complex but I still love it for some reason
Last Exile - for some reason I enjoyed it and its not my type
Code Geass - must watch anime, the plot and storyline is amazing
Evangelion - I still don't understand what it was about
Macross Frontier - Another must watch, the music and the storyline was touching
DURARARA!! - story was complex and I love the way storyline
Xenosaga - love the main character
Zoids - Second favourite mecha anime, where I got the name liger from
Utawarerumono - love it cause of the good scenes and an element of army strategy involved
Sengoku Basara - elements of war, strategy, tactics and ass kicking action

Recent anime
Fairy tail - stopped recently cause of fillers but might go back
Hunter x Hunter remake - for some reason it's interesting
AKB0048 - AKB anime
Lupin III Fujiko Mine - sense of solving mysteries
Future Diary - Seriously good psychological anime
Another - Really scary anime- psychological horror and thriller, kept me up on my feet all the time

I know everyone is busy revising so they won't have time to post or think about their favourite anime, but it will help you bring back some happy memories.

Please post up anything related to anime
Back to top Go down
Awan
Horntail
Horntail
Awan

PostSubject: Re: Favourite anime/cartoon   Favourite anime/cartoon Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 11:10 pm

I was totally waiting for this topic... Now here's a list of the anime/cartoons that have totally influenced my childhood and thus led me to wanting to become an animator and possibly a graphic novelist when I'm older ^___^

From Childhood:

Cartoons
Dextor's Laboratory
Powerpuff Girls
Codename Kids next Door
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
Fairly Odd Parents

Anime
Pokemon -although I eventually began to hate the anime because of the trainers lol
Digimon -Became obsessed with season 3
Beyblade
Medabots

(^ All these anime became obsessions when I was little and I used to draw my own characters for these shows as I watched them, hence how I came to practice drawing so much because this was practically as a daily basis)

Teenage years:

Anime

Sonic X - Big obsession
Shaman King - Really big obsession
Naruto - When I first realised all anime were made in Japan lol
Full Metal Alchemist - really good
Clannad - Made me cry so much
School Rumble - So so funny and stupid
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya -Funny
Lucky Star - Very funny
Shakugan no Shana -First season only!! good for action
K-on! - First season
Hayate no Gotoku - The manga is funnier really but still funny
Ga Rei Zero - So sad
Toradora - So drama-ry ;O
Black Rock Shooter - SOO GOOD!!
Ano hi mita hana no namae wa boku tachi wa mada shiranai - Sooo sad ;(

And finally... anyone who knows me will know my favourite anime is Higurashi no naku koro ni. It's a murder mystery story but there's more to it than that. You watch it like how you would play a game. There are different arcs to the story, each showing a little bit of the mystery. There'd be question arcs and there'd be answer arcs. This shit makes you so confused but when you know all of the answers >_<; it's then about how they try to prevent the murders from happening again and again. It's a good story about friendship and fate so I highly recommend it for anyone who's interested. It's a little bit gorey sometimes and soo cringey so I have no idea why someone like me was able to watch it but it was because it was too good! Thanks to Phoenix Wright for helping me find this anime haha.

Anyway for now I don't really watch anime because all of the new anime is the same old crap and if I watch cartoons then I watch Adventure Time or Regular show haha. Anyway that's me ^__^ I probably forgot a lot of anime/cartoons that I loved too so I'll update this list whenever I can remember..

-----

Ooh yeah..completely forgot about these ~3o

Family Guy
American Dad
Bob's Burgers

Last edited by Awan on Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WinLon
Pink Bean
Pink Bean
WinLon

PostSubject: Re: Favourite anime/cartoon   Favourite anime/cartoon Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 12:28 am

OMG how can i possibly forget medabots - MEDAFORCE!!
Plus I should finish watching Black Rock Shooter

Naruto was also the one that made me realise that anime is from japan :O funny enough it was a black guy who introduce it to me xD

If I remember didn't I tell you about naruto or was it your friend hmmms
Back to top Go down
Awan
Horntail
Horntail
Awan

PostSubject: Re: Favourite anime/cartoon   Favourite anime/cartoon Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 12:41 am

No the first time I watched Naruto was at your old house lol because of Tommy right? I actually thought it was a movie! And there I discovered the wonderful world of subbed anime o_O and yeah I forgot to mention Sailor Moon too lol
Back to top Go down
WinLon
Pink Bean
Pink Bean
WinLon

PostSubject: Re: Favourite anime/cartoon   Favourite anime/cartoon Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 12:59 am

Haha yeah that's what I meant, I showed tommy and then we showed it to you :O
I wonder what life would be like without anime
Back to top Go down
Awan
Horntail
Horntail
Awan

PostSubject: Re: Favourite anime/cartoon   Favourite anime/cartoon Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 5:18 am

..less weird and oh I didn't know it was you who found out about Naruto o3o
I watched a little bit of the maplestory anime too lol

Last edited by Awan on Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tsun
Admin
Tsun

PostSubject: Re: Favourite anime/cartoon   Favourite anime/cartoon Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 5:34 am

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/teekeiwong
Kinmen
Pink Bean
Pink Bean
Kinmen

PostSubject: Re: Favourite anime/cartoon   Favourite anime/cartoon Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:06 am

bom bom tan juu yan.
Back to top Go down
VincentC
Admin
VincentC

PostSubject: Re: Favourite anime/cartoon   Favourite anime/cartoon Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 12:02 am

Nobody likes Death Note? I thought that was pretty awesome! At the moment I'm watching Dragon Ball and Avatar Smile
Back to top Go down
http://vinsentochan.tumblr.com
WinLon
Pink Bean
Pink Bean
WinLon

PostSubject: Re: Favourite anime/cartoon   Favourite anime/cartoon Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:50 am

I wrote Death Note up :O It must be my first ever psychological thriller I fell in love with. How it messes up your mind is just awesome. From then I wanted to watch more of the same genre, I like shows that makes you think hard and make you want to watch more after it finishes. Shows that leaves you mind blowing Very Happy

What Dragon ball are you watching? The series finished already? Or are you watching the remake? I was rewatching dragon ball on Justin.tv - The cell saga has got to be the best - When Gohan beats up cell Very Happy
But I love boo saga as well

I watched a bit of avatar when it was first out but then stopped, I think i was waiting for next season but gave up xD. My brother is watching the new series of avatar.

BTW AANG DIES!! LOL I don't really know what happens
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite anime/cartoon   Favourite anime/cartoon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favourite anime/cartoon
Page 1 of 1